22 December, 2015
Avocado Turkey Salad Wraps
Are you out ideas for what to do with leftover turkey? Over Thanksgiving weekend, I somehow ended up cooking 2 turkeys and was party to a third. It was a little out of control. In the end, I had an entire turkey left and no idea what to do with the meat. I saw where someone had made chicken salad and it got me to thinking, why not use turkey? I mulled it over and finally came up with an idea. This is what I came up with. I used a single turkey breast that measured almost exactly a pound. Don’t worry, the rest got put to good use.
- 1 lb. turkey breast or dark meat, cooked and chopped
- 2 avocados, diced
- ¼ cup celery, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1½ tablespoons reduced fat mayo
- 1½ tablespoons fat free plain greek yogurt
- 4 medium flour tortillas
- optional: lettuce and tomatoes
- Tortillas of your choice
- Add garlic powder, seasoning salt, black pepper, dijon mustard, mayo, and greek yogurt to a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add turkey, avocados, celery, and onions and stir to coat well. Spread mixture onto into tortillas and wrap. Can also be served in pitas or on hoagie rolls. Add additional toppings such as lettuce and tomatoes. Enjoy!
*The turkey salad mixture can be made ahead of time by storing covered in the fridge WITHOUT the avocados. When ready to serve, stir in the avocados and assemble sandwiches.