3 November, 2015
Beer Cheese Brats
So, I originally got this from a post on facebook by Tasty. I was intrigued so I thought I’d give it a shot. It was my first attempt at a cheese sauce and I think it went well. One word of advice though, using all sharp cheddar is a bit much. To do it over, I’d use a cup of medium and a cup of sharp. I also thought it needed something. So I added a bit. Check it out below.
- 3 12oz bottles of beer
- 2 cups “tasty” Cheese (8oz Sharp Cheddar, 8 oz Medium)
- 8oz cream Cheese
- ¼ tspn Cayenne
- ¼ tspn garlic powder
- 5 brats
- 5 Buns (I prefer the Outdoor or Stadium styles)
- Put brats in sauce pan, cover with beer (may require 2 beers) and bring to boil on over high. Turn the burner down to medium and simmer the brats for another 10-15 minutes
- After simmering, move brats to a hot barbeque grill and cook until the internal temp reaches 170 degrees (probably about 3-4 minutes per side)
- In a sauce pan, heat 1 cup beer, 1 cup of cream cheese, 2 cups of cheese, cayenne (optional), and garlic powder. Mix together as cheese melts. Once cheese starts to bubble, remove from heat or move to low.
- Place brats in desired buns with any other desired condiments and spoon cheese sauce over the top. Enjoy!