22 December, 2015
24 years ago – Mom, I hate avocado, the texture sucks and the flavor is awful.
Fast forward about to about ten years ago, when I suddenly decided I liked guacamole. A couple years later, I found myself actually liking avocado first time in my life. I was astounded and confused but I was not inclined to complain.
More recently, I discovered (hey I used to base my food decisions solely on how foods tasted) avocados are a very nutritious food containing healthy fats, oleic acid, vitamin E, glutathione, folate, and lutein. Shortly after I discovered this, I found out a relative had a doctor’s advice to eat more avocado, so I told her I’d see what I could come up with.
- 3 Avocados, cubed, peel and seed removed
- 1 Lime, juice of
- 2 medium Roma Tomatoes, diced, with seeds removed
- ½ medium Onion, chopped (I like to use reds, but many prefer white onions)
- ½ Jalapeño, minced
- ¼ Cup Cilantro, minced
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Ghost Chili Sea Salt (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mash lime juice and avocado together.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix together.
- Let the guacamole sit for about half an hour so the flavors can mix.