25 November, 2015
Zesty Lime Shrimp and Avocado Salad
I had considered not posting this one. Not because it isn’t tasty (it is very tasty) but because I felt like I go through Skinny Taste’s recipes… a lot. What changed my mind? The photography I shot.
I am very happy with how the images turned out for this, so with that in mind, I thought I’d post it.
This is a tasty healthy recipe that is best suited to the summer months, but seeing as how it’s healthy, I can see
making it as a side dish for a nice dinner. This is also the recipe that gave me the idea for the Lemon Avocado Shrimp salad.
With that in mind, this is such an easy dish to prepare, it’s hard to justify not making it.
And be sure to give www.skinnytaste.com some love as well!
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt, black pepper to taste
- 1 lb jumbo cooked, peeled shrimp, chopped*
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 medium hass avocado, diced (about 5 oz)
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced fine
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- In a small bowl combine red onion, lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Let them marinate at least 5 minutes to mellow the flavor of the onion.
- In a large bowl combine chopped shrimp, avocado, tomato, jalapeño. Combine all the ingredients together, add cilantro and gently toss. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.